Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A whop bop a-loo Whop A whop Bam Ooooh



So, day two of bed rest and I have managed to keep from running my husband/nurse maid off completely.  He has been the minority with me, my two beautiful bitches Karma and Alley, and Scarlett (ok, Scarlett is actually a boy cat, but he is gay, so that counts) monopolizing the bedroom.  And, I think the estrogen ticker must have pushed to the ceiling this morning when one of my besties Allison stopped by.  He gladly said 'later' and went off to the Shooting range for a bit.  Allison and I had a wonderful chat, and she left some yummy yummy food, and Tom was back just in time to fix me lunch!  Suffice it to say, I have had a very difficult day.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must once again include some of the low-down-dirty details that so many of my readers probably don't want to hear.  This will be TMI.  But again, I want this blog to be helpful to anyone who might go through this in the future, so it must be done...

Since about the 3rd of January, I have been injecting hormones into my body at an alarming rate.  I took the pain medicine vicodin all weekend.  I have been taking progesterone vaginal suppositories since Saturday morning twice/day.  I'm nervous, stressed, and stationary in my bed.  What does this add up to?  Well, let's just say my legs aren't the only things that aren't moving.  That's right - - like awful, awful, awful constipation. (I told you yesterday, my modesty is all but distinct at this point).

I know the men who are reading this (and yes, I know you are out there) have become completely disgusted at this disclosure.  I'm sure it is more fun to think of us women as beautiful flowers who never burp, fart, or have a bowel movement.  Sorry boys, that girl just doesn't exist.  And odds are that if you have children, your wife/girlfriend/baby-momma would laugh in your face if you asked her about it.  It's even more likely that if you have children, you already know all of this and much, much, more.  I have enough friends who have been pregnant and given birth to know that these bowel interruptions/problems probably won't end with my cessation of vagnial suppositories.

So anyway, I have been eating alot of fruit, drinking alot of water, and taking really disturbing amounts of Fiber-Con and stool softeners.  But, this is the real reason I bring this up:  Way to add more stress mother nature!!  I'm already super-paranoid about the neather region and what is going on down there!  I keep on worrying that when all this fiber finally does hit, what the hell else is going to come out!?!  We sure did alot of work for me to flush it all down the toilet (sorry, I just couldn't resist).  But, according to my research, this is impossible.  Have you ever googled "Can you pass implanted embryos when having a bowel movement?"  No?  Well, I have.  First of all, I was surprised at how many women doing IVF have worried about this very thing.  Second, the majority of trustworthy sources contend that doing so is impossible.  So, I'm just going to choose to believe them.


Just another one of the joys of this journey, I suppose.  I ate an apple, bananna, and blueberries for breakfast.  I'm currently drinking a pineapple core/OJ smoothie.  The pineapple "core" because I read somewhere on the internet that it assists in the implantation process.  Whether there is any truth to this, I have absolutely no idea.  But hey, it can't hurt, right?

About an hour ago I received some beautiful flowers from Aunt LaLa and Uncle Bean.  This made my day.  What a wonderful sister and brother in law I have!

So, that is about it for now.  Since I'm on bed rest and have re-watched the entire Series "Rome" already, I may even hit you people up twice today.  You never know!

Til next time!  xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Glad things seem to be going well so far! I was on the progesterone the first 10 weeks of this one.. and I did the pineapple thing too.. so hang in there girl!! Keep drinking that water :) God is good!

    ReplyDelete