Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nerves down and Hips Up!

Today, my gorgeous Goddaughter Jalynn paid me a visit to wish me luck with the transfer.   She even told me that she would babysit my little ones.  What a little doll!  She is so full of personality!  It has been such a joy watching her grow over the last 41/2 years.  The funniest ever is when she tells a story.  Her eyes get wide and you can just feel her excitement.  As she nears the conclusion, her words get quicker and you can almost see her explode with pride.  I could listen to her talk all day long and never get tired of it.

What a lucky lady Lori is.  And, what a lucky lady I am to be in Jalynn's life.  Thank you so much Lori and Jalynn!  Your visit definitely lifted my spirits and calmed my nerves today.

And if Jalynn is anything like her mother, she probably will be babysitting by the time she reaches age 11.  Lori was ALWAYS oddly responsible when it came to taking care of children.  She was a much sought after sitter from a very early age.  This is a talent, sadly, I can't say that shared with my best friend.  In fact, I was a downright crappy babysitter.  Even so, I tried my hand at it as many girls do.  The last straw:  when one of the girls I was watching drove out of the driveway in her parent's car.  Did I mention she was like 10?  And then, when I ran out to chase her through the neighborhood, her sister locked me out of the house.  Somehow I managed to scare the bejesus out of these little monsters before their parents got home.  The car was put back in the garage and I was let back in the house.  But this was the very last time I babysat.  That is until my Goddaughter and Godson were born. But babysitting them is an absolute pleasure for me.  :)

So, tomorrow as many of you are sitting at your desks or going on with your daily chores, I will be having 2 or 3 embryos implanted in my uterus.  If you think of it between 10 and 11 a.m., please send up a little prayer/ some positive vibes in hopes that these babies stick!

After the procedure, we will make our way home and I will be on strict bed rest for 3 days.  No standing except to go to the restroom.  Tom has taken off to wait on me tomorrow and Tuesday.  I wonder if I can find a little bell around here...



In closing, I want you to visualize this:  Tom wants to create some sort of cot in the back of the car for our trip home with a built-in contraption to elevate my hips a-la the bridge pose in yoga.  Now, can you imagine what others on the interstate will think when they look over and see me, ass up in the air, in the next lane?   If you hear of any wrecks between Shelbyville and Breckinridge Lane, you can be fairly certain of the cause.

Well, I'm going to take my Xanax and go to bed.  They prescribed me one for tonight and one for the morning.  The more relaxed I can stay during this procedure, the better. 

Wish us luck!  Love you guys!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment