Thursday, February 10, 2011

Top Ten Pregnancy Goals



1.  Do anything/everything I can to make sure this baby is born happy and healthy.

2.  Quit fretting.   For who knows how long, I remember thinking that if I could just get pregnant, I could finally relax.  Yeah right!!  And as my ever-so-wise hubby reminded me, the worrying has just begun (and will never end).  So, I need to find a way to deal with it and let it go.

3.   Try and remember how very blessed I am even with these terrible headaches, backaches, sore breasts, etc.  No nausea as of yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't be spared.

4.  Improve my patience in all things.  I am one of those people who "wants it now."  If I have to pee, I have to go now (and this was true even before pregnancy).  If I'm hungry, I want to eat now.  I am already realizing that my needs and wants are going to take a back seat to those of the bean.  Strangely enough, I am totally OK with that.

5.  Tell my baby daddy how much I love and appreciate him every single day.  Even when he is getting on my nerves.

6.  Listen to my Momma.  Yes she can be flighty and a bit dramatic...but you can't argue with the results.  She kept my sister and me alive, and I think we turned out pretty normal (for the most part).  Besides that, she is a pretty great person and a wonderful momma.

7.  Pamper myself (as if I really needed to be pregnant to do this one LOL).  I'm going to try and get some pedicures, manicures, and massages throughout this 9 months.  In other words, do all of the things I normally don't do because of money.  Money is still tight, but I think it's really important to feel good and feel good about myself during this time.  So, we will find a way to get it done. 

8.  Keep working part-time.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been going into the office on a decidedly part-time basis.  With all the doctor's appointments and procedures, I have limited my in-office time to an hour or two after court appearances usually 3-4 days/week.  Of course, I'm on call 24/7, but I can talk to clients on my cellphone from anywhere.  I have been able to keep this up without any major problems/salary adjustments so far.  Hopefully, I can make this a semi-permanent switch.

9.  Not go stupid crazy buying baby clothes and products.  This one is going to be hard to keep, I know.  But I have seen my friends go through this enough times to know that half of the crap bought during the pregnancy will never be used. 

10.  Enjoy this amazing experience.  I have dreamed about it for so long, even though I only half-believed I'd ever actually get to experience it!!  Therefore, I am not going to obsess over my weight (which already went out the window with the previous procedures and hormone treatments) and whether I will be able to lose it.   After all, it will all work out. 

BTW, our baby looks like a tiny tadpole and has already formed his/her heart and neural tube!!!  It just amazes me!!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment