Wednesday, February 16, 2011

'Freshly' pregnant



Still no sign of morning sickness around these parts!  I got nauseated the other day, but I'm pretty sure this condition had more to do with my cooking, less with the pregnancy...

Could it be that I've been spared this infamous mommy-to-be right of passage?  Not a chance.  I'm not the kind of girl that gets lucky.  That, my friends, is why I wish I were throwing up about right now.  I woulda' NEVER thought that I'd actually want to pray to the porcelain god, but here I am.  loL

I have officially entered my seventh week of pregnancy.   "Freshly pregnant" is the way my good friend Ashton introduced me at her bridal shower last weekend.  LOL.  But, I'm getting less and less "fresh" everyday, which is why I want the ol' trusty morning sickness to begin.

You will be glad to know that I have stopped "Google"ing, but have instead become obsessed with reading the stereotypical mommy-to-be books.  "What to Expect when you're Expecting" and "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" have become my new go-to's for the wacky and weird questions that crop up in my head.  According to these guides, morning sickness usually appears in the 6-8 week range.  Here I am sitting smack dab in the middle of that range and nothing.

Please understand I'm not 'freaking out' or necessarily complaining, but just stating that I kinda wish I would puke (I'm sick, I know).  I guess doing so would validate my pregnancy for me.  Instead, I just feel like a swollen, chunky, irritable crybaby.  I have already gained weight and developed a bit more girth in my abdomen (which was already swollen from the injections and hormones).  I am also exhausted and just feel the need to lay down all the time.  The constant headache is still hanging around, which sucks since I'm trying to limit medications as much as possible.  Also, my boobs are sore.  And when I say sore, I mean SORE.  Like come home and take off my bra because I'm in pain kinda-sore.  And they are huge-r than ever.  Yuck.  I hate my breasts. 

I know, I know, these are all symptoms of pregnancy.  But none of these has quite the street-cred that nausea does.  The way I see it, most of my symptoms could also be a sign of Aunt Flo.  It is not sufficient.  I want daily confirmation that I am in fact still "in the family way"!  Nothing but a good puke-fest will do!  How unfortunate that I'm abstaining from alcohol right now  ;-)

Were any of you mommas out there spared nausea?  I just want some reassurance that my body is doing what it should even if I don't puke.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I was not sick much with Walker and I thought the same thing, but now that I went through much more morning sickness with Warren, I realize how awesome it was to be spared the sickness! Haha. Maybe that means it's a boy...:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had mild nausea with Anne Miriam and with this pregnancy, too, but I never threw up with either of them. I know what you mean about morning sickness as validation of the pregnancy, but some girls really do get lucky and avoid it!

    ReplyDelete