Saturday, February 5, 2011

Home Pregnancy Tests are EVIL



After yesterday's confirmation that I am, in fact, PREGNANT (I just will never get tired of saying that :)), I took another home pregnancy test just to see the result for myself.  Since I had a blood test yesterday, I knew the exact level of HCG  in my blood (which happened to be double the amount supposedly detected on these evil little sticks).

Low and behold, there is a line, but it is so faint that only me and God can see it.  Same thing on the test this morning!!  Accordingly, I am SO glad I decided to listen to everyone's advice and quit taking the HPTs on Tuesday!  I would have had a mental breakdown by Friday had I continued!  And that would NOT have been healthy for the precious little one growing in my belly!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for your sound advice.  You were all right that these little sticks cannot be trusted, and I have learned my lesson.  Thus, I was in fact wrong (baby, you may want to save this post because you know how rarely I utter that particular sentence). 

So, if you have a friend/loved one who is disheartened by a BFN on a HPT, give them my number.  I would be glad to talk them off of that ledge!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment