Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby Cypert's first picture!


Look very, very closely.  Those two little X's mark the head and rump of Baby Cypert!!!! 

So, I am officially the President of Bumpzillas Anonymous.  We arrived three strong to the Doc's office this morning:  Me, Tom, and my Momma.  I believe by the time we had arrived most of the office had listened to my weepy message from yesterday.  I am, without a doubt, one of those patients. 

The Doc had me go in the exam room alone, leaving Tom and mom in the conference room.  Doc wanted to take a look and see exactly what we were dealing with before we had them come in.  The first thing I saw was a doughnut looking shape (hey, it was early and I was hungry).  This being my first pregnancy I had no idea if that was good or bad, or even normal.  But alas, Doc was very pleased!!!  Apparently the lighter "doughnut" part is the gestational sac, while the little black hole in the middle is the yolk sac.  The teeny tiny little anomaly in the left bottom corner is baby Cypert!  Both the gestational sac and baby Cypert measure consistently at a gestational age of 5 weeks, 5 days (correlating with my current pregnancy week of 7 weeks, 5 days).  Doc saw no blood and/or clots in the uterine cavity to signal problems of any type.  Doc believes the bleeding I had yesterday was caused by the progesterone suppositories.  Although he could not assure us that nothing would go wrong in the weeks and months to come, he was able to assure us that the pregnancy appears to be progressing appropriately!!!  What wonderful news!

Unfortunately, we were not able to see the little flicker of a heartbeat just yet.  Doc believed that he saw a very faint flicker of the heart, but he couldn't be completely sure.  So, he gave us a choice of coming back in one or two weeks so that we could see that beautiful little light for ourselves.  We decided to give it two weeks so that we could be completely sure that we would see it by then.  

Doc believes the bleeding yesterday was caused by the progesterone suppositories, and he said the cramping is definitely due to the expanding of my uterus since this is my first pregnancy.  I apologized for leaving the weepy message and getting all dramatic, but he totally understood.  He was glad I called to ask about the symptoms, and encouraged me to call anytime I was concerned.  He jokingly asked "How many times have you been pregnant again?"  I said, "None."  He said, "Exactly.  This is all new, and you have no way to know what to expect.  That's what we are here for." I love my Doc  <3

Let me also brag a little bit on my husband.  By the time he and my mom were ushered in the room, I already knew the good news that the pregnancy was still on course.  I was still laying on the table being assaulted by that little wand they use to take the pictures when they walked through the door.  As I looked over toward Tom, his face was frozen in fear.  He looked so scared.  The amazing part is that he never allowed me to see it before that moment.  He remained so calm and reassuring all night last night and this morning.  Because of his calm demeanor, I didn't realize that my bleeding yesterday didn't just scare me to death, it also had him worried sick.  

I may have not realized it before, but I do now.  For the first time, I could clearly see that this scares him just as much as it does me.  He stays strong for me, and me only.  This is so easy to forget when I'm in the depths of my Bumpzilla madness and in need of comfort.  But, he needs comfort too.  And he should not have to always be the strong one.  He may not cry and sulk and write long blog entries about his fears, but the look on his face and tears in his eyes this morning reminded me that this is just as real (and frightening) for him.  I have to be a better wife and think to support him, even when he doesn't act like he needs it.

But, when the Doc told them the good news, the look of relief on his face was priceless.  He grabbed my hand and kissed my head, and it was like a thousand pounds had been lifted off his shoulders.  I'm thinking that thousand pounds was probably my big a*!.  LOL.  But it was so nice to see that joy in his eyes.  I love that more than anything.

Of course my mom let out a big yell and started hugging and kissing anyone she could get her hands on.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take some kind of baked good to my next appointment since we are unarguably that family.   

Oh well, I don't care.  I love my family and I like having them around!  Just wait until I go into labor.  We will have such a crowd that they may just kick us out of the hospital.  Seriously, it's happened before people...

No comments:

Post a Comment