Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bridal brainstorm


So, the invitations (not that we are actually inviting anyone but family) have been ordered and the date has been set.  We are getting married on December 31, 2010. Yay!  We are having a small, inimate, gathering at home with just our family and close-close friends.  Maybe like 20 people in all. 

We had been going back and forth about whether to elope or have a ceremony with our families.  In the end, though, our families are just too important and supportive of us to leave behind.  So, since most of our family will be in for the holidays, we decided to plan an in-home celebration on New Year's Eve.  To make it extra-festive, we are doing a Murder Mystery-style dinner afterward.  We thought both our families would get a kick out of this, not to mention they have a flair for the dramatics.  :)

So, the theme is "Old Hollywood" and the murder mystery game is set in the 1940's.  I have my dress, which is a vintage-style, very dramatic, ivory gown (I know, I know, I said no ivory.  But seriously, I just fell in love with this damn thing). The invitations instruct all guests to wear appropriate "Old Hollywood glamour" attire.  I now need ideas on decorations, etc.  Nothing too fancy.  Mostly, this is just a family gathering with a wedding cermony attached.  But, I do want to make it fun and festive.  Any ideas out there?

1 comment: