Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What was that?



Here I sit between 19 and 20 weeks of this miracle pregnancy...Almost half-way through this blessed adventure, which makes makes me incredibly excited (and a little bit sad).  But, more importantly, I am right smack dab in the allotted time frame for one of the most exciting experiences of a first-time mother's journey ~ quickening.

My first "maybe" moment came on Mother's Day.  We were on our way back from my Uncle's Lake House when I felt an odd sensation in my belly.  No "butterflies", more like a rolling sensation.  It was really really faint, and I'm pretty sure I'd have missed it had I not been sitting still in the car.  Could it be?  Was it Lana doing somersaults?  I sat really still and tried to feel her again, but nothing.  The rest of the ride home my mind was racing with questions of whether that was really "it." 

Since that day, I have been taking several moments out of the day to just sit still and feel for something.  What did I get in exchange for this effort?  A big fat nothing.  This lack of activity made me think the Mother's Day incident was more likely just gas or something.  LOL. 

But this morning, I was driving back from court in Oldham County.  I started feeling what seemed like little "pokes."  Not hard, but very soft and they didn't hurt.  But I could definately feel something.  Could this be her?  Or are these sensations 'pelvic girdle' stretching?  I don't know!!!  It's driving me crazy!!!

I am looking so forward to feeling her and knowing for sure!!  As I have stated before, I need constant reassurance that this whole thing isn't just a dream or some medical mistake.  I need to feel the life growing inside me to convince me that my growing belly isn't just my body's desperate attempt to hold onto the dream. 

So, what do you guys think?  Do you think it was Lana?

2 comments:

  1. I would guarantee you 99.9% that you are feeling the first movements of your little Lana!!! Enjoy it sweetie! Savor it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think it's Lana. A good test is to lay down and see if you feel anything. I felt Jurnee at 23 weeks and Talon at 17 weeks. It's hard to tell the first pregnancy. You'll know for sure very soon.

    ReplyDelete