Sunday, May 22, 2011

20 things Lana has already taught me...



I am 20 weeks pregnant and cannot believe that we are half-way to meeting our little Lana!!  To honor the occasion, I have jotted down 20 things that she has already taught me...


(1)  GREAT things come to those who wait (even those who wait impatiently).

(2)  It is not safe to sneeze, laugh, or make sudden movements unless you have literally JUST emptied your bladder.

(3)  Waistlines, and similarly underwear, are for sissies  ;)

(4)  High heels are not my friend.  They are the enemy.

(5)  Motherhood will, and has already, changed everything.

(6)  Stretchmarks are not preventable.  Don't believe the hype.

(7)  The two lumps on my chest actually do have a higher calling.  They know this and therefore are now taking over completely. 

(8)  I will never be perfect.  But the love I feel for this baby already is.

(9)  What Lana wants, Lana gets.  Period.

(10)  I have more grey hair than previously imagined, and my natural hair color has lightened significantly over the years. 

(11)  It is wise to always keep snacks handy.

(12)  One can live a fairly normal existence even without any feeling in one's hand.

(13)  The future is important, but enjoying the here and now is equally so.

(14)  My 'independent woman' is having to take a backseat to my 'needy mommy' self for now.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful and loving partner throughout this adventure.  Ever heard of a Velcro-dog?  Well I have most definitely become a Velcro-wife.   LOL

(15)  I can endure almost anything.  Even someone getting way too close to my bellybutton. 

(16)  No matter how nominal the amount of fabric used, baby girl clothes are just as, if not more, expensive than my own.

(17)  I am a big 'ol softy at heart.  I cry at songs on the radio, commercials, and even articles in magazines. 

(18)  Sleeping is NOT for the weary. Restlessness and numbing limbs are, however.  

(19)   The so-called "pregnancy glow" is really just a reflection of sweat off my newly-acquired acne.  

(20)  I will never, ever, do anything more important or half as special as what I am doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment