Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A picture is worth 1000 words

My sister is amazing.

Just two years ago, my sister was navigating her way through a very successful career in the world of Medical sales.  She was transferred to the Miami territory approximately 5 years ago, and quickly made a name for herself in the industry.  And she was earning a VERY comfortable living doing something that she....hated.

We all knew that Laura was not happy in the corporate world.  She felt stifled creatively and frequently discussed pursuing other avenues.  But, I figured she would stick with the sales career for a while, if for no other reason that she WAS MAKING BANK.  I'll admit that I underestimated her will to make her own way in this world, which was an entirely stupid move knowing my sister as well as I do. 

As anyone can see, Laura is an extraordinarily beautiful human being.  She has spent many years in front of the camera lens, modeling for this or that.  But, it was not until she jumped behind the camera that I truly saw her potential as an artist.

When she called to tell me that she had found her passion in life, and that she was going to quit her lucrative sales career to follow it, I must say I was hesitant.  I thought, "Jesus, she's going through some kind of quarter-life crisis or something!!"  "Are you sure?  Maybe you should start slow on nights or weekends and grow into it."  "You are giving up ALOT with no guarantees."  These are just some of the things I, and many others, were saying to her.  As usual, Laura did exactly what she wanted regardless of our opinions.  She has always had more courage than me when it comes to taking risks.  She has always followed her heart, no matter what others thought about it - which is absolutely inspiring.  Needless to say, Laura took that jump into the unknown.  She risked it all to make her dream of becoming a professional photographer a reality.  And in doing so, she proved all of us wrong.

I guess I should have suspected it when she quit her job.  Or when she left home AND her new husband to attend a prestigious photography program in New York City for six months (only a couple months after they wed).  Or, maybe when she sacrificed to buy the equipment and tools she needed to start this venture.  But, whenever I should have seen it, I can assure you I do now.  This is exactly what she was meant to do.  Photography is her calling.

Today, she is well on her way to becoming a top-sought after photographer in Southern Florida.  She focuses much of her business of the photography of children and women.  She is passionate about taking beautiful photographs that capture the natural and unsullied spirit of her subjects.  Her clients are amazed and rave about her ability to put them at ease and capture them at their very best.

Laura blessed Tom and I with engagement photos last fall, which we will surely treasure all of our lives.  She is coming back to town in June, at which time she will shoot our maternity photos.  I absolutely cannot wait.  I won't spoil the surprise, but let me just say, she has some really cute ideas that I think will make for some really fun photos.  (No nudity btw.  Yuck).

So, I thought I would post the following photos in celebration of my beautiful sister.  They are just a small sampling of her talent, and should be enough to convince you that you MUST BOOK HER IN JUNE.  She will be home from approximately June 25th - ??????????????? She has a couple bookings already, but the more work she has the longer she can stay.  So...I am shamelessly promoting her so as to have more time to spend with this awesome woman!!!!  I'm pregnant and I need my sis.  What else can I say?  But whatever my reasons, her work speaks for itself and you are foolish not to take advantage while she is in town!!!!










As you can see, I merely uploading a sampling of her children's photos, but rest assured she does beautiful engagement, maternity. family, and budoir photos as well.  If you are interested, visit her webpage at www.lauracoppelman.com to see many more examples of her work.  When you book her (and I know you will), mention that you saw this post on my blog and she will give you a discount off her already reasonable prices. 


MOST OF ALL, DON'T WAIT!!!  She will not be back to Kentucky until the end of the year, when she will spend ALL OF HER TIME oooooohing and aaaaaawing over our newborn baby  :)  Sorry, but I will not be sharing her next time!!!!!  LOL

BTW, congrats to all of you who were lucky enough to book her on her last trip  :)   Thanks for supporting my baby sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment