Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mullet. See, you just smiled.



As many of my Wednesdays go, I find myself in the middle-of-the week funk.  You know, far away from either weekend and kinda drab.  So, I thought I would jot down a few things that make me smile to try and get me out of this funk (Wednesday or not).

(1) My furbabies Ally and Karma.  All it takes is a word or look from me, and their tails start wagging instantly.  This, my friends, is love.  Pure love.  And I soak in every minute. 

(2)  Larry the Cable Guy.  Yes, I know his Southern accent is contrived.  I don't care.  I would laugh listening to him read the phone book.  There is just something about him that tickles my funny bone!

(3)  My Husband.  Aside from being hopelessly in love with this man, I also truly enjoy his company.  He can make me laugh and smile like no one else.  He is a funny, funny, guy.  And he's my funny, funny, guy.  I'm smiling just writing this  :)

(4)  Plants and Flowers.  Spring is my fav because my plants begin coming up and looking extra healthy (as opposed to late summer when they look all beat down and sad).  I love working in the yard ~ It's the one place I don't mind getting muddy or dirty.   My ultimate dream is to be one of those Old Southern Women who work in their yard every morning, Spring thru Fall, wearing petal pushers (capris to the rest of the world) and a big 'ol sun hat.  And of course, go inside in the afternoon when the sun gets too hot, make some sweet tea, and relax on the covered porch with all the other old gals in the neighborhood.  Who am I kidding, I would love to have this life now, not just when I'm old!

(5)  Country Music.  Yes, I love it and I am not ashamed.  I was Country before country was cool.  In middle school, I was made fun of because of my bolo necktie and cowgirl boots.  I didn't care.  I love Reba.  I love George.  No other genre can make me wanna roll the windows down, feel the wind in my hair, and sing (badly) at the top of my lungs.  Be it classic country Hank or modern crossover Sugarland, I can croon with the best of them.  And I smile every time. 

(6)  My sister.  She is a beautiful, talented, extraordinary woman.  However, it's the side of her seldom seen by outsiders that makes me smile.  At home with her loved ones, she can be the goofiest and funniest girl around.  She makes funny gestures and has several "voices" that could crack up even the straightest arrow.  In my opinion, this is where she shines the brightest.  No makeup, dressed in Mom or Mamaw's hand-me-downs, and happy to entertain.  She is coming in this weekend and I absolutely cannot wait.  So excited!

(7)  Mullets.  I don't know why but a mullet can crack me up faster than anything.  I am amazed by this outdated hair craze ~ and even more so when I run across someone sporting it.  And God-forbid someone comment using the mullet-lingo developed over the past few years.  Just utter any of the following words and I will start rolling: "Fe-mullet" "Mullitino" or "Infantullet." 

(8)  My growing belly.  My midsection has traditionally been a source of much despair in my life.  I was cursed with a body-type that collects all the extra weight around the middle.  Unlike most women, I have little no "ass" or hips.  Now, I'll admit, I was blessed with some bangin' legs.  LOL  And, yes, I can say that without feeling conceited.  We all have good things and bad things about our bodies.  Mine happens to be: belly = bad, legs = good.  But these muscular/toned legs don't do a thing to take away from my big-ol-mid section.   But for the first time in my life, I don't look at my swollen belly and cringe.  Instead, I smile.  A really, really big smile.

Have a good night y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me smile along with ya! Let me know when the tea's ready! ;-)

    ReplyDelete