Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creepy Crawler



Have you ever seen a 13 week pregnant woman disrobe, bra and all, while screaming bloody murder in the parking lot of a gas station?  If not, you have been spared an extremely disturbing sight.  Believe me.  Just ask anyone passing by the Shelbyville Road/Hurstbourne Lane intersection at around 3:30 p.m. yesterday.

Tom and I were on our way back from some errands.  We went by the mall to pay a Macy's bill (left over from Christmas, urg), stopped by Invisible Fence to replace Karma's collar.  Apparently, Ally does not like Karma to wear any neck wear.  If left to her own devices, she WILL chew the collar directly off Karma's neck.  Seriously, we have had to get so many replacements that they jokingly say "See you next week" when we leave.

Anywho, Tom was driving (thank the Lord) and we were headed toward East on S-ville Road.  We were talking when I felt something fall onto my forehead.  I instinctively reached up to brush it off, and the damn thing fell into my cleavage.  I looked down and saw a disturbingly large, hairy black spider scurry down into my bra.  I LOST IT.  I started screaming and tearing off clothes right there in the passenger seat.

Tom had no idea what I was doing, but he pulled into the gas station anyway.  I bolted out of the car, jumping and dancing around while unhooking my bra.  I whipped it out from under my shirt and shook my shirt all around trying to get the damn spider off me.  I swear, I'm sure I looked as if I had two pigs fighting under a blanket with my boobs bouncing around from my erratic movements!  I was still making really loud audible noises -  They weren't exactly screams, but a cross between a scream and a cry.  Tom sat there in the driver's seat of the car staring at the scene unfolding in front of him.  I'm not sure anyone could prepare themselves for such a sight.  Then, he remembered where we were and said, "Hurry up, people are going to call the cops on a domestic disturbance in process!!"   I screamed "You ARE the damn police!!"  I begrudgingly jumped back into the car, still a freaked out about where the damn spider had gone.  I could feel it on me the whole way home, feeling like it was crawling all over me.  Yuck. 

On the way home, all Tom could do was laugh.  All I could do was scratch.

1 comment: