Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Doin' it up "Royalty Style"

I have long felt that I was meant to be born into great wealth.  It seems, however, that God got a little side-tracked and wrote "working class" when he should have written "royalty" next to my family.  Why, you ask?  I am wired to always be attracted to the most expensive and luxurious item available.  This holds true no matter what, and even when I have no idea of the prices.  It's a curse, really, to have such champagne taste on an undeniably box-a-wine budget.

So, in the spirit of living up to my destiny, I thought I would show you a few of the things that have caught my eye in baby-gear world.  A few of them may be possible, but most are just dreams that have no chance of becoming reality.  Oh well.  At least I know that my dream nursery is the bomb diggity!

My dream stroller, or shall I say pram.  I imagine myself strolling through the neighborhood in a 1950's style day-dress, crinoline and all, with my beautifully vintage baby carriage and even more beautiful baby.  I can see it as clear as day.  And all for the bargain price of $1399.00!  LOL.  I'm pretty sure this one is NOT going to happen.  But a girl can dream, right?

My dream crib:  What else could be more appropriate for a little princess that a real-life fairy tale carriage?  This little baby will only set you back a cool $5,430.00!  Again, this is definitely NOT HAPPENING over at the Cypert residence.  Runner up?  The beautiful, delicate round crib below.  Still not a likely possibility at approximately $1500, but definitely closer to reality.  :)




Every new mom needs a cozy place to sit and nurse the baby.  Not only is the next glider cozy, but it is also so, so beautiful.  Again, highly unlikely at $1585.00.  :(



And what little girl (see, I'm awful!) doesn't need a stylish play house?  well, I'm pretty sure this one is just as nice, if not more so, than our actual home.  And it costs almost as much, at approximately $4000.00!!!


So, I could literally spend tens of thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes decorating this damn nursery.  Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow such extravagances. 

The one luxury I am trying to make a reality is a built in changing nook.  I met with a client today who has agreed to perform the labor, while I believe another client is going to give me the materials for free.  The one perk of my job:  I meet and represent ALOT of people in the construction business.  They give me the hookup!!!  Here is a picture of what I'm going for in the nursery closet, although I will be making a few changes:


So, I hope you enjoyed my little stroll in fantasy land.  Now time to get back to reality and work, at least until God realizes his mistake and lets us win the lottery.

Xoxo  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment