Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's for Real!!!!!!


Forgive my reflection in the second photo, but THERE HE/SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful, wonderful day today was!  I can't tell you how much joy and relief came when we saw the quick little flicker of our baby's heartbeat today!  The baby is measuring consistently at 7w5d past conception, which puts me in my 9th week!!!  The baby's heartbeat was strong at 170 beats per minute! Only a few more weeks and we will be out of the woods  :)

Today was really, really, really magical.  I know most of you reading this know the feeling, and maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but I can't help it!  HOW AMAZING TO SEE YOUR BABY'S HEART BEATING!  It was like a weight had been lifted for both of us.  I fought back tears as we watched the little bugger.  All I could say was, "Oh my Gosh, look at the baby!"  When the nurse practitioner left the room, Tom took me in his harms and gave me the tightest and sweetest hug.  Then, in true Tom-style, he gave me a high five.  It seems we both really needed the reassurance of seeing that flicker!

You see, I'm  not sure I had allowed myself to get too excited about this pregnancy before today.  I know Tom is guarded about his excitement.  Personally, I was so worried something would go wrong that I felt nervous getting excited.  I felt like the more excited and certain I was of this baby, the more likely something would go wrong.  Besides that, it's just hard to believe that I'm actually preganant and that we are actually having a baby!!!!  It seemed like such an impossible dream for so long.  So, I kept on thinking that there had been a mistake - that at some point the Docs would discover that they were wrong.  But, my friends, there is absolutely no denying it today!!!!  Not only did we see the hearbeat, but we saw the little bitty arm and leg buds.  We are amazed, humbled, and most of all blessed!

I know this is rambling and may not make any sense, but I'm still on cloud nine.  I can't get the image of that flicker out of my mind, the most beautiful little tiny light in the world!  It's finally sinking in that these past couple months have actually been real.  That all our hard work and determination has paid off in such an amazing way.  Most of all, that our dream of adding to our already wonderful family has actually come true.

To say we are blessed is an understatement.  There simply are no words to express our joy today.  And there is no way we could ever thank you enough for your constant prayers and support.  The Cypert's are mighty fortunate to have such wonderful friends and family.

Love you all.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment