Thursday, March 10, 2011

Did somebody say "babymoon"?



So, as I add up the cost of all the things I would like to do in the next 6 months, I might as well add another luxury item to the list:  A Babymoon. 

I've been sitting here daydreaming about taking one last romantic trip before the baby comes.  I would love for my hubby to whisk me off to some secluded and romantic place.  A place with a luxury spa, pool, and plenty of good food of course.  I imagine us sitting on a porch somewhere beautiful, drinking tea, and relaxing the day away.

Then I wake up to reality.  How in the heck would we swing a Babymoon!?!  We didn't even go on a Honeymoon!  (Although we skipped the honeymoon to start our fertility treatments, so I personally think we still came out ahead!!  :)

So, here is my pre-baby wish (emphasis on wish) list as it stands right now:

(1)  New carpet in all bedrooms, especially nursery.  My beloved cat Scarlett has taken to using that room as her personal toilet these past couple of years.  I can't really get mad at her; she has a brain tumor and incontinence is one of its side-effects.  But this one is a must-do before the baby gets here.
(2)  New paint and possible mural in nursery.  A couple of my friends have the most beautiful hand-painted murals in their nurseries.  They are beautiful and so special.  I'm thinking baby-Cypert may have to settle for stick-on art, but we shall see.
(3)  Built-in changing station in the nursery closet, complete with plenty of shelves and nooks.  I saw this idea on a nursery blog and fell in love instantly.  The sides of the closet are lined with shelves while the changing table is removable.  This way, the space can be converted back to a closet as the baby's needs change.  Love it!
(4)  Nursery Furniture:  I.e.Crib and possibly dresser.  I have very ambitious plans to refinish an old dresser and armoire for the nursery.  Let's just see how far that project gets...
(5)  New/safe/appropriate car so the baby doesn't have to ride to the pediatrician in the back of Tom's patrol vehicle when I am busy.  You have NO CLUE what kind of nasty things/nasty people go on in the back of a patrol car.  I don't want our baby anywhere near it.  Seriously, it would just be wrong.
(6)  **Babymoon**  Just typing the above makes me long for a vacation.  Urg.  I guess that whole "putting the baby first" thing has already started.








1 comment:

  1. I know it seems overwhelming...all the things you want or need to get done before you precious baby makes their debut! Just try not to let yourself get overwhelmed. It will all work out! You have PLENTY of time...trust me! As far as a "babymoon". Here is an idea...
    http://www.browncountylogcabins.com/
    Not far away....VERY relaxing and away from home.....fun shopping....adorable town....beautiful scenery...AND these cabins come in all sizes and prices! Joe and I go ALL the time! Let me know if you need any other info!!!

    ReplyDelete