Monday, October 4, 2010

Shiver me timbers!

So, I have slept AMAZINGLY better in the last couple days.  On Saturday, I missed a date with a wonderful old friend because I passed out after the 5K.  And I mean passed out!  I came back to the house to "lay down" for a couple minutes and woke up hours later.  Much to my dismay, I had missed a planned lunch date with a dear friend from college.  So sorry Shannon (aka Holby)!  I could have kicked myself!!!!  Since then, I have slept pretty much through the night (well, as much as much as I can).  AND, no more nausea!!!  I'm so thankful!

Anyway, I have been done with my first round of Provera since Friday.  So, I can't help but think my miraculous healing has something to do with being done with those evil pills.  Make no mistake people, the Devil is alive and well and he goes by the name "Provera."

I likely have one more round of Provera before going back for a second pelvic ultrasound.  At that point, Dr. X will take a look and tell me whether I have to do another surgery.  Your prayers that I do not have to go through that again would be much appreciated.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain, and wallet, around the realization that we have to do injectible fertility drugs and artifiicial insemination.  I remember watching cheesy early 90's movies (Forget Paris anyone?) dealing with artificial insemination.  It seemed so strange, so foreign, and most certainly something I would NEVER have to deal with.  And yet, here I am.  It's still very weird.  Kind-of surreal.

Tom and I were talking about the cutness that is our neighbor's children a little while ago.  They have two children, a boy and a girl, ages 5 and 4 respectively.  They are dolls.  I mean dolls!  On Easter, Tom and I stood in the back windows watching them play in the backyard.  The little boy had his big Pirates-in-the-Carribean pirate hat on carrying a large sword (of course, fake).  The little girl was wearing a cute little dress, feathery/girly pirate hat, and wielding her own little sword.  She was going after her big brother with a fierceness that made me proud to be female. 

Tom is into jeeping.  He has several pirate themed bumper stickers and memorabilia.  One of these items was a black flag with a white skull & bones.  The very next day after watching the Easter pirate-themed performance, Tom told me he was taking his pirate flag over for the neighboor children to hang in their treehouse.  He decided this on his own, and promptly took it over and gave it as a gift for the kids.  It now hangs proudly outside the tree house their father built earlier this year. 

  I'll never forget how proud I was the day he walked that silly flag next door and gave it to our neighbors.  It made thier day.  They thought it was soooooooo cool.  And I was, without a doubt, impressed. 

This was the moment I knew FOR CERTAIN that Tom would be the father of my children (if possible).  At the very least, this was the moment I knew I had found my life partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment