Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meet Daddy



Dear Lana,

Only a few more weeks until you will make your grand entrance into this world!  I feel so lucky to have had this quality time with you.  For the most part, your kicks have been playful and your hiccups really make mommy laugh.  Even when you wake me in the middle of the night, I lay in bed smiling.  In fact, every single moment we have spent together has meant more to mommy than anything in the whole wide world.  And although I am really anxious to hold you in my arms, I know I will miss holding you inside my belly for the rest of my life.

The best thing about being a mommy is getting to spend these first few months with you all by ourselves.  But, there is someone just as excited and important that you should know about before October.  Yep, I think it's just about time you meet your daddy. 

You know my voice?  Well, his is the deeper and slightly more distant voice you hear almost as often.  You may have heard him telling mommy how much he loves her or how much he loves our life together.  He says these things alot because he knows they make mommy feel good.  I'm sure you have also heard him talking to you - telling you how excited he is to meet you and how much he loves you.  Sometimes he gets really close to my belly and whispers your name and gives you a little kiss.

Don't tell your daddy I told you, but he is really a big 'ol softy at heart.  He is big and strong BUT also tears up during sad movies or commercials if he thinks no one is looking.  And when it comes to you, he is already wrapped around your little fingers!  He worries all the time about keeping you safe and happy.  And he can't wait to show you off to the world.  He's always telling me how you are going to be a "daddy's girl" and I don't doubt it at all.  He can be very charming when he wants to be.

Your daddy makes mommy feel special and loved, even when mommy isn't feeling too good about herself.  Now that you are on board, he does thing to spoil "us."  He runs us a bath, lights candles, and turns on soft music to help us relax at night.  And just tonight, he didn't complain when mommy was 'too tired' to make dinner even though he had just worked a 12 hour shift.  Instead, he turned on the grill and treated us to some brats and baked beans.  He even rubs our feet, regardless of the fact they haven't had a pedicure in more than forever.  This, I assure you, is quite impressive.

Anyway, the most important thing for you to know is that your mommy AND daddy love you more than anything in the world.  And just because daddy isn't carrying you around in his belly all day doesn't mean you aren't already in his heart. 

Love and see you soon,

Mommy

P.S. - This letter could be longer, but daddy just called mommy out about having the computer in her lap.  As I said, he is constantly worrying about our safety.  Truth is, mommy thinks it is super cute and sweet  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment