Monday, August 15, 2011

I must take a second to...


"A good character is the best tombstone.  Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered.  Carve your name on hearts, not on marble."  ~Charles H. Spurgeon
I have always known I have some awesome friends.  But, there are times when I am simply overwhelmed by the selfless and giving nature of those around me.  I have had several of these moments these past few months, and almost all of them involve the chick pictured above.

This girl has gone above and beyond in helping me make this nursery a special place for our little Lana to come home to.  Not just with ideas...No.  I mean she has gotten her hands dirty, literally, as you can see in the picture below:




She has helped me plan, paint, and refinish furniture for Lana's room.  And today, she spent several hours painting the most beautiful hand-painted image on Lana's nursery wall.  She has stepped in to do those things I cannot do, whether due to my condition or lack of creative talent  LOL.  And in doing so she has made this experience SO VERY SPECIAL for me.

I don't know how many hours she has devoted to me, Tom, and Lana in the past few months, but it has definitely been more than we could ever repay her for.  And all this work she has done out of the goodness of her heart.  She is the kind of friend who talks the talk and walks the walk.  She just doesn't offer to help, she insists.  Where most people would argue that they just don't have the time,  Big Al (a nickname referring to her small stature but BIG personality) makes it look easy to be  giving.  Never mind that she has plenty of excuses to give:  her own work, 2 busy toddlers, and a husband with odd and intrusive work hours, any of which would suffice. 

I'm not going to post her beautiful work just yet - I want to wait to post pics of the nursery when it is finally complete.  But, I just couldn't let another day go by without celebrating this awesome woman!  Big Al - I hope you realize just how much I appreciate everything you have done for us.  Your talent in design and decor is unequaled, but more than anything it's the time and attention that I will always remember.  You have made this moody momma feel very special and thankful for our long friendship.  I only hope one day I can return the favor!!!!!!!!   


And by the way, if you are thinking of redecorating your home, I cannot recommend her highly enough!  She is an interior designer with exquisite taste.  She has her own freelance business and can be as involved as you need.  Please contact me for her info if you are interested!!

No comments:

Post a Comment