Monday, June 6, 2011

Pregnancy ADD



So, I have heard of this.  I remember my friends talking about "Preggo Brain" and wondering if there was any truth to it.  I am now sufficiently convinced that this phenomenon is very, very real!  I feel like I can't think these days...

I completely blank out on words and/or names in mid-conversation...

I can't seem to work on or think about one subject too long...and

I just feel more ditsy than ever these days!!

Case in point:  This blog.  I have literally started 2 blog posts in the past week which I have been completely unable to finish!   Need proof?  Here it is -


Unfinished Blog #1: 

I am pregnant!  I have achieved every fertility challenged woman's dream.  I am in the middle of a healthy pregnancy with a baby GIRL!!!  So, why does my mind keep wanting to think infertile-y? 

It's not that I'm not happy, because I AM SO HAPPY that it is hard to fathom.  I'm so excited...and nervous...and thankful...and shocked...and every other emotion one can possibly feel.  Problem is, my mind is not used to this kind of thinking.  My brain is accustomed to skepticism, fear, and worry.   It is trained to look with a doubtful eye at any kind of happiness, always wondering when the other shoe will drop.

Unfinished Blog #2:

"This world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning."
Ivy Baker Priest

This Sunday, my step-son Bradley graduates from high school.  A milestone which symbolizes the end of childhood and the beginning of a new chapter in his life.  Meanwhile his father, my loving husband, is literally starting this process all over this fall...

Endings get a bad rap.  While many come with a degree of sadness, they are usually also the beginning of something new.  Maybe it is a new chapter, new job, new relationship, or an opportunity for a brand new life...  But there is almost always something coming up the pike.  It always helps to remember this when mourning an end.

Tom is a little sad ~ but also beaming with pride about the Graduation.  He and Bradley's mother have raised an extremely intelligent, kind, and considerate young man.  Last night, we sat in the auditorium and watched as Bradley was awarded "Senior of the Year" in his college-level computer programming school.  He is set to attend college in the fall and pursue a degree in computer programming.  He already works for a firm in Louisville as a programmer - a firm that is willing to invest a significant amount of time and money into grooming him for a career.  What a bright future he has to look forward to...

Meanwhile, many others in Tom's position would be looking forward to being child-less once again.  Not Tom, he is stepping in for round 2!  The midnight feedings, endless crying, first steps, and first words...again.  Learning how to ride a bike, teaching stranger-danger, puberty, and oh-my-goodness teenage years...again.   I wonder if it will be as exciting (and/or scary) a second time around, or whether it will be old hat. 

I don't know what it is!  Everything is taking me longer and requiring much more effort than normal.  It is so crazy to me.  I feel like I have alot to say, but I just can't seem to get it out! 


I promise I will try and do better.  In fact, I will post this and begin working on another entry immediately.  I do have some things to say about feeling the baby move...Wait, do I smell food??!??  Well, I'll try and begin a new entry!   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment