Monday, June 6, 2011

Am I a bad Mom Already!?!



I have a confession to make...

For a couple of weeks now, I have been feeling Lana moving.  She is not really kicking just yet, more like doing somersault after somersault.  I think she is going to be a gymnast!  LOL

I was so excited to feel her move for the first time and have been looking forward to the feeling for weeks now.  But, now that it is here, I must say it is a bit more disturbing than I had imagined.  Don't get me wrong, I love it because it lets me know she is in there thriving.  But, to be honest it is also very startling.  I find myself shocked and somewhat weird-ed out by the whole thing.


For many years I was told I would not be able to have children.  I was told getting pregnant was improbable if not impossible.  So, I never thought I would ever feel life stirring inside my belly.  Actually, I never even allowed myself to imagine it.  And, now that it is, it is just sooooooooooo foreign! It is just...weird!

Does this make me a bad mom already?   I don't know why, but I feel a bit guilty about it.  I feel like I should be like the other moms-to-be who instantly feel comfortable with the stirring and movement in there.  What do you think?  Has anyone else had these kind of thoughts?  Please tell me I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment