Thursday, June 9, 2011

Momma-Pampering Time



I love to be pampered.  I love going to the salon, spa, or just about anywhere where someone's main purpose is to make me feel good.  Unfortunately, these type of trips have been few and far between lately.

In this economy, manicures, pedicures, and hairstyles just haven't stayed at the top of my priority list.  I'm not complaining or feeling sorry for myself...I am no different than 75% of the American public that have made certain sacrifices as of late.  But as a result of these sacrifices, I haven't had my hair cut or professionally colored since before Christmas.

While I have never been obsessed with my physical appearance, I do like to at least feel good about myself.  I've never bought an expensive designer purse in my life; I don't get all crazy about over-priced high heels; And I pick clothes that I like - not only because they happen to be in "style."  But like many pregnant women, I have been feeling really self-conscious lately.  I feel fat, ugly, and generally unappealing. 

I have decided that all maternity clothes must be designed by outdoorsy men since they inevitably make us look like tents.  As a result, I only have a few items that I really feel good about wearing right now.  And the hormones raging through my body have had negative side effects to both my skin and hair.   My skin is breaking out at an alarming rate and my usually shiny hair is looking dull and drab.  Then there is the belly.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT DEARLY especially in light of everything it represents.  But paired with my acne-riddled skin and dull hair, I just feel all-together gross. 

No more.  I desperately want to enjoy and feel good about this time in my life.  I have waited too long - and been through waaaaay too much - not to make the most out of this pregnancy!  So tomorrow I am throwing caution (and our budget) to the wind and going to get my hair cut, colored, and highlighted!!  I am so excited I can't see straight  :)

I have a mind to cut all of it off pixie style because it is so stupid hot.  But, one of my preggo mags warns NOT TO make drastic changes to your appearance during this time.  Considering the fact that I cry for no apparent reason at all these days, I think I will heed that warning.  But, I am definitely cleaning this old girl up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment