Friday, October 14, 2011

Words Fall Short

...in describing these last few days.

On October 12, 2011, my life was forever changed by a 7 lb. 10 ounce miracle named Lana James.

She is everything I wished for and more.  She is perfect in every single way.  She is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes upon and has surpassed all my wildest dreams.  The touch of her skin or sound of her little voice fills me with so much overwhelming love that it is difficult to breathe (in a really awesome way).  Even now as I look across the hospital room at her napping in the bassinet, I find myself missing her and wanting to hold her.  It is already clear that I am a fool for this little lady and her head full of chestnut brown hair.

Lana's arrival was long awaited and especially emotional for everyone in the room.  The last couple of hours before her birth were intense, frightening at times, and physically/emotionally difficult.  However, they were the most beautiful moments of my entire life.  I will never ever do anything more important and utterly miraculous for the rest of my life.

In the aftermath of giving birth to my daughter, I find myself more in love with my husband than ever before (which I previously thought impossible) and so utterly thankful for him and our love for one another.  I am absolutely in awe of him and the joy he has brought into my life.  I watch him hold and kiss our daughter and see my entire world before me.  It is clear that nothing else matters even half as much as this little family we are building.   

Finally, I find that I am more aware of how blessed I have been to have such a wonderful mother and sister throughout my life.  Now I understand how and why my mother loves me as she does, without condition or expectation.  And I look at both women and see the single biggest influences on who I am today.  I feel so wonderfully blessed to have had them in the room when this beautiful miracle popped out.

There are funny stories to be told and details to be shared, but they can wait.  Right now the only thing I can think of is getting back to the little lady in the corner of the room who is stirring.

Thank you to all who have sent well wishes.  We are so thankful and feel so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family.  I promise, I will be in touch soon  xoxoxo














Many more photos to come of this beautiful baby girl!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment