Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What NOT to do...



Well, Lana has been here only 10 days and is pretty much ruling the roost around here.  Not so shockingly, she has both of us wrapped completely around her tiny finger.  She is the most beautiful, sweetest, funniest, most perfect baby in the entire world.  Seriously, she is.  ;)

Prior to her arrival, I had grand plans regarding how this would work and intended to follow certain "schedules" in parenting our beautiful baby girl.  Much to my surprise (not really), Lana has already taught me that my plans must take a backseat to hers.

Before she came, I swore I would purposefully create increments of physical distance from day one so as not to foster separation anxiety later when I return to work.  Wonderful idea and very smart in theory, but there is just one problem...I didn't count on the separation anxiety being my own!!!  I am really trying to get better at this, but I swear I have to fight the urge not to snuggle this little girl constantly.  For admittedly selfish reasons, I hate putting her down anywhere.  I want her next to me, snuggled into my chest constantly.  I love feeling her little cheek against my skin and hearing her coo out of sheer delight.  I know how quickly this time will pass.  Before I know it, she won't want to be snuggled next to mommy 24/7.  :(  So, I have made a command decision.  I am just going to do it all wrong.  I'm going to snuggle her constantly and not worry about it.  Yes, there is a risk that I am creating a monster.  There is also a likelihood that I will pay dearly for it when I do return to work.  But I just can't help it.  I waited and dreamed so long about this child.  There was a time I thought this would never happen. So now that she is here, there is no way that I am not soaking up every single second of snuggle time possible.

And as an aside, her father is even worse than I am.  Truth be told most of the time we bicker about who gets to hold her!!!

Anyway, these past 10 days have been nothing short of unbelievable.  They have been the absolute happiest days of my entire life.  Tom is off for a few weeks as well, which has made it even better.  I feel like we are finally on our honeymoon.  We didn't take one after our wedding last year and instead immediately began a round of fertility treatments.  I must say, this 'honeymoon' at home with our baby girl is better than any tropical paradise I can imagine.   
 
Must get back to snuggling my baby girl for now.  Hope all is well with everyone.  I have been a bit preoccupied so I have no idea what is going on.  Oh well  :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment