Monday, September 20, 2010

Just Checking in...

Hello all.  I just wanted to check in with some great news...  We are engaged!

We are still on vacation, staying in Miami Beach with my sister Laura and her husband Ben.  But, to my delight, Tom popped the question in the beautiful blue waters of Georgetown, Grand Cayman!  We are so excited!  I feel so blessed to have found such a supportive and loving partner in him.  No matter what happens in our fertility quest, I hope to always remember how truly lucky I really am.

So, we have a couple more days of relaxation and then back to the grind.  In addition to the 9 to 5, we are also back to the work of getting my reproductive organs in  order.  Last post I updated as to the general plan for Project Baby.  I left out some of the groundwork that must be laid prior to beginning the fertility injections.  Mostly because, well, it sucks.

My first assignment is to take oral medication that will make me bleed heavily.  Yes, I know, seems like we are going backward.  But actually, it makes sense.  Because I don't ovulate naturally, the walls of my uterus are extremely thick.  This makes proper implantation of the egg next to impossible.  In early 2009, I had to have a D&C and hystocopy to thin the walls.  However, Dr. X wants to avoid putting me through another surgery.  The risk of scarring from a D&C is high, and can exaggerate my fertility problems.  So, we are attempting to thin out my walls with oral medication, and hope we can avoid another surgery.  The doctor believes I will have to do at least two rounds of this medication to get my uterine walls sufficiently thinned out for insemination.  I am SO not looking forward to it.  However, I plan to begin the first 7 day regimen this weekend.

We will be back home on Wednesday night and I will be picking back up where I left off.  Surely much more to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment